You are required to pay the charges for your selected services that are set out in our Terms and Conditions. You will be responsible for the maintenance of your connection settings and to check our call tariff rates prior to making a call. You will be responsible for any charges incurred as a result of incorrect settings or failure to properly interpret the charges we have laid out for you.
When you register for the service, you will be asked to establish a Direct Debit facility. You are able to view any charges for which you are liable by logging into the My Account and clicking 'bills'. You will be notified via email prior to your scheduled billing date of any charges to be applied.
If you fail to make payment of charges when they are due, you will be subject to a reasonable 'default charge' that will be issued in line with the consumer credit act 1974. We may suspend or cancel your service, in part or in full until payment is received. If we need to cease your broadband or line rental and calling service because you have not paid and you then later decide to resume the service, there will be a re-activation and administration charge where applicable, for which you will be liable.
You are liable for the costs of any calls that you make using your Origin Phone service. If you query the charge for dialled calls, we will re-check the bill. If we find a mistake, you will be credited accordingly however if we have no reasonable grounds to believe you did not make the call or the price is incorrect you will be liable for the call at the applicable rate.
Certain services that we provide automatically continue when the initial period terminates. In these circumstances, you should understand and agree that continuation of the service will incur the standard charges unless you notify us.
Where we arrange for an engineer to visit your Premises for activation of the service, or for resolution of a fault, you will be responsible for any costs incurred owing to any of the following:
- An engineer attends an incorrect address as provided by you
- The site for installation does not meet the minimum requirements as agreed during the product registration
- An engineer arrives to carry out the installation at the address provided by you, but you no longer want the installation completed
- Entry is refused to the Premises, or access cannot be gained, at the appointed time, as agreed between you and us
- You report a fault, an engineer attends your Premises, and discovers the fault is not the result of the broadband service
- Your reported problem, following your request for an engineering visit, cannot be confirmed
- When you cancel a request for an engineering visit later than 48 hours before the scheduled visit
We reserve the right to engage a third party debt collection agency in order to obtain any outstanding debt. Any reasonable additional charges generated as a result of this process will be borne by you.